Thursday 10 October 2013

NEW Rimmel Colour Rush Balms | Review and Swatches

Rimmel Colour Rush Balm

Although a bit late, Rimmel have jumped on the Lip Crayon bandwagon and brought out the Colour Rush range.

 
These may look the same as the Bourjois Colour Boost or Clinique Chubby Stick but these beauties are very different.

Firstly they smell like vanilla cupcakes, yum! They are also the most like a lipstick.
They go on glossy but throughout the day the gloss wears off to leave a pretty stain - to look like a lipstick.

 
These balms are moisturising and are very pigmented, especially the darker, more intense shades.

Colour Rush also last ages, I wore the red one out shopping and I only had to touch up once after eating. Other than that it lasted all day!

 L-R: Give Me A Cuddle, Not an Illusion, Rumour Has It and The Redder The Better

There are seven different shades in the range but I picked up 4, and their names are awesome.

 
Give Me A Cuddle is the first one that I bought (that's why the writing has worn off a bit). I was attracted by the bright baby pink colour and I thought it would look great with an neutral eye.

 
Not An Illusion is the most neutral shade that I bought it is a slightly deeper, more rich natural lip shade. I think this is the most wearable of the ones I bought as it is quite 'safe' and would suit all skin tones.

 
 
Rumour Has It is a beautiful raspberry colour that is great for Autumn/Fall. I think that this would also be a great day to evening lip colour as it look good in the day with a simple eye makeup look and they look glam in the evening with a more smoky eye.

 
 
The Redder The Better is a deep red shade, I wear this with lots of mascara and maybe a little gel liner in my top eyelid. As someone who doesn't normally wear red lipstick it was a bit is a shock to see it on me but after getting used to it it makes one hell of an impact.

Swatches:
L-R: Give Me A Cuddle, Not an Illusion, Rumour Has It and The Redder The Better

Overall I would highly recommend this range as the range of colours is great, the pigmentation is great, the lasting power is great, the smell is great everything is great!

The price is also great, this range is currently priced at £5.99 each at Boots.
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-London-Colour-Rush-Balm_1376503/

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

Instagram: hannah_price

No comments:

Post a Comment