Thursday 26 September 2013

Highstreet/Drugstore Foundation: Collection Lasting Perfection (Oily Skin)

Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation Review

If you're into makeup which I imagine you are, you will have heard of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.


But did you know that there is a Lasting Perfection Foundation too? I didn't until I went to repurchase the concealer and saw it. As the concealer was so great (full review HERE) I thought I would try it out and see of the whole range is any good.

 
 
First Impressions
As many do, this foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump applicator. The frosted glass and simple black writing make this foundation look classy and more expensive that it is. The pump on the other hand is a bit rubbish and the spring gets stuck and tough to push, but that may just be mine that is faulty.

The texture and formula is lovely and it goes on the skin really well and looks truly flawless, it also gives a healthy glow. I would say that Lasting Perfection is a medium coverage and covers blemishes well.

How long did it last?
Unfortunately Lasting Perfection Foundation does not last as long as the concealer on oily skin. After applying it in the morning I needed to re-powder at lunch  time and again when I had got home. However as this foundation is not specifically made for oily skin touch-ups have to be expected, just remember to carry powder with you!

Colours
There are 6 shades available in the collection, the colours are as follows:
- Ivory
- Natural Beige
- Vanilla
- Biscuit
- Golden
- Honey

I bought the shade Ivory for my fair skin and it goes well with the matching concealer and my skin tone.

 

What Collection say
- Ultimate wear foundation provides up to 16 hours of flawless skin
- Lasting Perfection Foundation will take you from dawn to dusk and back again, with no need for reapplication
- SPF20 to keep skin safe in the sun


I am not convinced with these statements as on oily skin it lasts nowhere near 16 hours and I would need to reapply if I was wearing the foundation for a really long period of time. This may, however, be true for different skin types.

Price
Lasting Perfection Foundation is currently priced at £5.99 at Boots, but they only stock 4 shades.
http://www.boots.com/en/Collection-2000-Lasting-Perfection-Foundation_984439/

Superdrug stock all 6 shades and there is currently £2 off making them £3.99!!
http://www.superdrug.com/search?q=collection+lasting+perfection+foundation

Products used with Foundation
- Smash Box Photo Finish Primer
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent


 

Rating
Although it didn't last particularly long on my oily skin I would wear it if I only needed makeup for a short time (5-6 hours) and not all day, I also think that foundation would be great for normal to dry skin as it wouldn't need touching up so often if at all. So all this being said I would give it 3.5/5.

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

Instagram: hannah_price93

No comments:

Post a Comment