Saturday 21 September 2013

Highstreet/Drugstore Foundation: Loreal True Match Review (Oily Skin)

Loreal True Match Foundation

This foundation seems to be pretty iconic at the moment with bloggers and vloggers alike. everyone is going on about it, so I thought I would see what the hype was all about.



First Impressions
The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump applicator which I like because its less messy. I think the packaging is quite smart and doesn't look cheap or tacky which some highstreet/drugstore foundations do.

True Match has a medium to high coverage as it covers blemishes and gives a flawless appearance.

I usually use a light or light/medium coverage foundation so it looked quite different on that other foundations I have tried, but if you prefer a fuller coverage foundation then this would be great.

I applied this foundation with a brush which gave it a perfect finish, but you should apply with what you prefer.

How long did it last?
This foundation didn't last very well on me, maybe as I have oily skin. Even though I used a primer it only lasted around 5 hours before it started to slide off (yet it is oil free?). I did just touch up with powder and it was OK but it wasn't as flawless as it previously was.

I do think that this was due to my oily skin and if you have normal to dry skin you should be fine.

Colours
Available in 22 shades which is amazing for a highstreet foundation so everyone should be able to find something to suit their skin tone.

I got the colour Rose Ivory which was a great match for me.


What Loreal say
Loreal say that:

"True Match super-blendable liquid foundation perfectly matches the colour and texture of your skin, hiding imperfections with its fine, creamy texture.
The result: Flawless coverage"

I think that this was correct when I first put it on but throughout the day it changed and wore off my skin. However typically products that are bad for oily skin are good for dry skin and the other way round, so this may be good for dry skin.

Price
This foundation currently retails for £9.99 at Boots.
http://www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-True-Match-Foundation_16049/


Products used with Foundations Smash Box Photo Finish Primer
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent



Rating
due to the high coverage and low longevity of the foundation I would only use it on a night out so I would give it 2/5.


Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo


Instagram: hannah_price93


No comments:

Post a Comment