Tuesday 17 September 2013

Highstreet/Drugstore Foundation: Rimmel Wake Me Up Review (Oily Skin)

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

This foundation gained a lot hype around it on blogs and YouTube, so I thought that I would try it for myself.

First Impressions
The foundation comes in a clear glass bottle with an orange lid, which I think looks great. It also had a pump applicator which is more hygienic than the squeezy tube ones.

As the foundation is liquid it is runny but not watery and goes on the skin really well.
I did notice that there is a slight shimmer in it but it is very subtle and for someone who has always preferred matte foundations for my oily skin, this shimmer wasn't overpowering at all and I quite liked it as it gave a nice glow which made my skin look healthy.
I buffed it into my skin with a brush but it would still go on well using a sponge or your fingers (but not sponge fingers :-P).
I would say that this foundation gives a medium coverage as it covers up blemishes and discolouration but doesn't look too full on.

It also is SPF15 which is an added extra!

How long did it last?
Now I have quite oily skin and find foundations don't tend to last very long, even with a primer.
I applied this foundation at around 7.30am and it lasted all day through until around 9.00pm when I took my makeup off, yay! I just had to touch up my powder once.

Colours
This foundation comes in 6 shades which is quite limited, especially if you have tanned or dark skin as there is nothing in the range that would suit.
I first picked up the colour Ivory (100) which is the lightest colour and found it slightly too light so I also bought the next shade which was True Ivory (103) and found that when mixed together they were perfect for my skin tone.


What Rimmel say
Rimmel have described this foundation as:
  • Having a light, moisturising texture applies smoothly and leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable all day
  • giving an instant flawless, natural-looking finish
  • giving visible anti-fatigue effect

I would agree with these claims 100%.

Price
The foundation currently retails for £8.99 at Boots but it is constantly on offer somewhere if you look around.
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Wake-Me-Up-Make-Up-Foundation-30ml_1246748/

Products used with Foundations
Smash Box Photo Finish Primer
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent


Rating
Overall I thought this foundation was great and would give it a solid 4/5.


Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment