Friday 13 December 2013

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation

Bourjois Happy Light Foundation
 
Happy Light is the newest range from Bourjois. The range is supposed to be formulated to make your skin look good in any light.


There are 4 products in the Happy Light range:
- Happy Light Foundation
- Happy Light Concealer
- Happy Light Luminous Primer
- Happy Light Matte Primer

This blog post is all about the Happy Light Foundation, to see my review on the Happy Light Matte Primer click HERE.
 
 

First Impressions
The packaging if this product in uniform with the rest of the Bourjois foundations i.e. Original Healthy Mix and 123 Perfect. 

I like the glass bottle and the pump as it looks smart and clean.

The coverage is medium (which you wouldn't expect form the name) which is good as you can sheer it out with blending or build it up for a higher coverage.

This foundation has a satin finish making it somewhere between matte and dewy, it looks really natural. I have quite oily skin and I find that this is not too dewy for me so I think it will suit most skin types skin types.

I have both the Healthy Mix foundation and the 123 Perfect foundation from Bourjous but I like this one so much more, as the Healthy Mix gets oily too quickly and the 123 Perfect doesn't last very long on me.



How Long Did It Last?
On my oily skin it lasted about 6 hours before needing a powder touch up, and even then it just looked a bit dewy (not oily), which is really good for a foundation not formulated especially for oily skin.

Colours
There are only 5 colours in the range which is pretty bad to be honest, they are also very light colours, which is good for those who have fair skin but not for those with darker and more tanned skin tones. Although I think that this is quite common for Highstreet/Drugstore foundations as none of them seem to go very far down the deeper end of the shade spectrum.

I picked it up in the shade 52 which is about right for me.

What Bourjois Say: (from www.bourjois.co.uk)
Happy Light foundation gives a luminous and flawless complexion in any light. It’s translucent  pigments correct without masking giving your complexion a flawless radiance.
Its supple texture glides smoothly onto the skin for a flawless complexion with no caking. The result is your complexion is left luminous and flawless for 16 hours in any light with an ultra-natural finish.
They also add that it gives 8 hour hydration.

I agree that this foundation does give a luminous, radiant, natural finish. It does go in well and doesn't cake, it also isn't drying on the skin.

However I don't think that it would last 16 hours as it will wear off throughout the day but when it does wear off it does it naturally and doesn't go patchy or cakey.

Price
Happy Light foundation is currently priced at £11.99 at Boots in the UK, which is a standard amount that you would pay for a Bourjois foundation.
However Bourjois is often in a 3 for 2 offer so take advantage of that when you can!
Boots.com - Happy Light Foundation

Rating
Overall I think this foundation is brilliant and I have found myself reaching for it a lot (which is saying something with the number of foundations I own). I also feel that this would truly be a great foundation for any skin type as the finish is very natural and its neither greasy or drying. I would therefore give it 4.5/5 as the colour range lets it down.

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

Instagram: hannah_price93
 

No comments:

Post a Comment