Friday 13 December 2013

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer

Happy Light is the newest range from Bourjois. The range is supposed to be formulated to make your skin look good in any light.

There are 4 products in the Happy Light range:
- Happy Light Foundation
- Happy Light Concealer
- Happy Light Luminous Primer
- Happy Light Matte Primer

This blog post is all about the Happy Light Matte Primer, to see my review on the Happy Light Foundation click HERE.

First Impressions
The packaging is nice, very similar to the Happy Light foundation as it has the glass bottle and a pump applicator. I like having a pump applicator in a primer as I feel it is more hygienic and it ensures that you do not use too much, so points to Bourjois there.

 
The primer itself has a slight pinky peach colour and feels like a cream/gel primer rather than a silicone one. (i.e. more like Smashbox Light rather than Smash Box original/Benefit Porefessional if you have them).

I went on well and I left it a few minutes to absorb before I put my foundation on (I didn’t use the Happy Light foundation with this as I wanted to test them separately). It made my skin look slightly more matte and did make my skin look more even and smoothed over my pores (to a point) and was lightweight.

After testing this primer I didn't see much difference in the longevity of my foundation and there was little to no oil control. These are the reasons that I wear a primer under my foundation so this product really didn't do anything for me - while it did minimise the appearance of some of my pores there are products that do a way better job of that (Benefit Porefessional for example) so this primer is very disappointing.
 
What Bourjois says about this primer:
Mattifies and refines pores
For normal to combination skin
Wear alone or under foundation
1 shade suits all

I agree that it refines pores and that you could wear it alone (like you could with any primer!) and that one shade suits all. But I don't think it really mattfies for that it is suitable for combinations as it doesn't work in any oily sections, maybe it would work better on normal skin.

Price
This primer is currently priced at £10.99 in Boots.
www.boots.com - Bourjois Happy Light Matte Primer

Rating
Overall I feel I have wasted my money on this one which is really disappointing as the foundation is so good. So I would give this 1/5 purely because I like the packaging.

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

Instagram: hannah_price93

 

No comments:

Post a Comment