Wednesday 18 September 2013

Highstreet/Drugstore Foundation: NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Review (Oily Skin)

NEW Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

I decided to buy this foundation as I had previously bought the original Stay Matte foundation and really liked it so when Rimmel decided to reformulate it I had to give it a go.


First Impressions
The packaging I think looks quite cheap and I like a pump applicator better than a tube.
Differing from the original Stay Matte Foundation which was a liquid, this is a mousse. I think that this is good as there aren't many mousse foundations on the market and Rimmel didn't have one.
The texture is very light (it being a mousse and all) and goes on the skin well. It is most definitely weightless and you cannot feel that you are wearing any makeup.
It doesn't give you a 'healthy glow' but with oily skin, who wants shine!
I also think this version of the Stay Matte Foundation is way better that the previous one.



How long did it last?
In short it lasted all day, and kept my super oily skin matte. It still looked good when I got home from a busy day at the office.

Colours
This foundation is available in 6 different shades which I think the majority of people could find a match for their skin tone. This is also an improvement from the original which only had 5.

What Rimmel say
Rimmel have described this foundation as:

- A Feather-light, liquid mousse that blends flawlessly for natural-looking skin and all day shine control.
- Silky smooth formula for a perfectly matte, baby-soft finish
- Lightweight texture won’t feel heavy or greasy
- Minimising the appearance of pores


I would agree with these statements 100%, it is weightless and stays matte all day (woop!).

Price
The foundation currently retails for £5.99 at Boots which is ridiculously cheap compared to other foundations.

http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-London-Stay-Matte-Foundation_1378522/

Prodcts used with Foundations

-
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent




Rating
Overall this foundation is the ONLY one that leaves my skin truly matte throughout the day, I could imagine it flaking on dry skin though. However for me I would give it 5/5 and would highly recommend it for oily skin.

Thanks for reading!

Hannah xoxo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment