Tuesday 17 September 2013

Highstreet/Drugstore Foundation: Bourjois Healthy Mix Review (Oily Skin)

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
I thought I would try this foundation because I watched an old video from Zoella 's YouTube channel where she tried it and although she didn't like it on her dry skin she did recommended it for oily skin.
Zoella's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/zoella280390




First Impressions
The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a pump applicator so you can get the right amount out.

Healthy Mix has a light to medium coverage as it covers blemishes whist still letting your skin show through.
There is a fruity scent to this foundation which some may not like, but I don't mind it.
I applied this foundation with a brush which gave it a flawless finish, but use a sponge or your fingers if you prefer.
The formula leaves your skin with a nice glow and makes it look awake.

How long did it last?
Coupled with the other products I used (details below) it lasted all day, even through work in a busy office! But as I have oily skin I did have to touch up with powder a few times.

Colours
Available in 8 shades which is good for all skin tones.
I got the colour Vanilla (52) which was a great match for me.

What Bourjois says
Bourjois claims this foundation will:
  • give skin a radiant boost
  • leave it looking flawless for up to 16 hours
  • even out complexion while letting in the natural light for that healthy looking glow
  • leave you skin beautiful, radiated and hydrated
I think that although there are a few fancy words, this is mainly correct. My skin tone was evened out, and looked healthy and glowing. However, I don't think that this foundation would last 16 hours (not on me anyway) even though I did use a primer and a power.

Price
This foundation currently retails for £10.99 at Boots but Bourjois is usually on a 3 for 2 offer.
http://www.boots.com/en/Bourjois-Radiance-Reveal-Healthy-Mix-Foundation_1313681/
Products used with Foundations
Smash Box Photo Finish Primer
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent




Rating
Overall I thought this foundation was really good and would give it 4.5/5.

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment