Saturday 28 September 2013

Highstreet/Drugstore Mascara | Maybelline The Falsies

Maybelline The Falsies

This mascara is everywhere at the moment, I first saw Tanya Burr talking about it on her YouTube channel and she said it was her favourite mascara and it looked so good on her.


For around 3 years my favourite mascara has been Maybelline The Colossal and I am dubious about trying other mascaras as they always fall flat and I end up going back to it.


There has not been such a massive hype about a mascara in a long time so I thought I would do a little research and read a few blog/vlog reviews about it and I found everything to be positive, so I bit the bullet and bought it.

I like the packaging of this and with many of the Maybelline mascaras it is in a bright colour and the same unique shape. I got the colour black drama which has a  pretty lace design on the top.

The brush is a spoon brush which I haven't got on well with in the past but I still gave it a go.

 

Being honest, I hate it! I think the brush is awful and it makes your lashes clumpy and uneven. When you go to brush through the clumps to get rid of them it distributes more mascara on them and makes them clump more.

This was really disappointing as I think the formula of the mascara is really good but the brush lets it down.


Below is a picture of a comparison picture of the two mascaras, Colossal on the left and Falsies on the right:


As you can see The Falsies had clumped together on my top and bottom lashes and compared to the other mascara it looks awful.

I definitely think that this is because of the brush as looking closely my lashes do look longer and blacker.

The Colossal's brush is just so much better as it is thicker and has loads of bristles which lengthens, separates and adds volume at the same time.

 

I have swapped the brushes over and used the Colossal's brush in the Falsies formula and it is perfect.

However judging the Falsies alone it is a massive let down and I don't understand the hype around it.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo

Instagram: hannah_price93

No comments:

Post a Comment