Sunday 22 September 2013

Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick Review and Swatches

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks

What could be more perfect than a venture between one of the most iconic British models and one of the most iconic British makeup brands.

I love Kate Moss and I love Rimmel, so I was overjoyed to hear that Kate was designing her own lipsticks for Rimmel in 2011.

So far Kate has brought out 3 collections, Lasting Finish, Lasting Finish Matte and a new spring collection.



The simple black design with the Kate signature is beautiful and elegant, to me it looks more like a high end lipstick than a highstreet/drugstore one.

I have two of from the Lasting Finish collection (03 &05) and one from the new spring collection (16).


The colour pay off on these lipsticks is brilliant, they don't dry out your lips and they last for ages. They are not the most moisturising of lip sticks but they also don't flake off like some of the long lasting ones do.


One thing that I really like about these lipsticks is that they wear off well, by that I mean they wear off the whole lip with time and don't leave you with a coloured line around the edge of your mouth.


Number 03 is definitely my nude lip staple and looks great with a strong eye look or with a barely there make up look. Its like your natural lip colour but better! I find myself grabbing for this one a lot as I know it looks great and a nude lip works for everything.


Number 16 is a beautiful baby pink colour which is great for day looks and it is bright and pretty, I usually pair this with a brown/neutral eye look as the pink gives a subtle pop of colour and finishes the look without being too much for daytime.


Number 05 is a bold deep pink shade which I wear with a simple eye look, just mascara and eyeliner. I also wear with a smokey eye at night to give a more glam look.

When I'm having one of these days where I don't really have much time to spend on my make up I always grab this on and put this on as it makes me look more put together without even thinking about it.


Overall I love these lipsticks and I think that there is a wide range of shades through the collections, there is definitely one for everyone.


They are great quality for the price too.

You can get them in Boots at the moment for £5.49:
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Kate-Lasting-Finish-Lipstick_1230439/

The matte ones are also £5.49 in Boots:
http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Kate-Matte-Lipstick_1281356/

I cant wait to get a few more of these and I look forward to more collections in the future, so Kate hurry up and get designing!

Thanks for reading!

Hannah xoxo

Instagram: hannah_price93

No comments:

Post a Comment