Tuesday 11 March 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer

Maybelline Baby Skin Primer has just launched in the UK after the success of the Baby Lips range.
 
Now I am a huge primer fan as I need it to help my foundation stick to my oily face.
 
I’ve not had much luck with the drugstore primers that are around at the moment as they just don’t make my makeup last as long as the more high end ones.
  

First of all can we talk about how creepy the name is, baby skin, and I thought baby lips was an odd choice of name for lip balm but this is so much weirder.
 
The packaging is nice with the soft blue and pink and I like that it is in a tube rather than a pot as it is much more sanitary, although do wish it came with a pump, but you cant have everything I guess.
 
The product is more of a gel primer than a cream one as it is clear and has the silicone texture. But I prefer these over the moisturising primers and they tend to work better on me.
  

Is does absorb into the skin quickly as doesn’t leave a greasy residue but it did leave my skin feeling slightly dry. I apply my foundation with a brush and find that it goes over the primer smoothly and leaves a great finish on my skin.
 
The longevity is good too it lasts well through the day, as it is currently winter in the UK I haven’t been able to try it in the hotter temperatures
Overall I think it's a really good primer for a great price! I would recommend it to anyone who had oily skin but has maybe never used a primer before or doesn't want to splurge on a high end one.
Thanks for reading! 

Love Hannah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment