Friday 14 March 2014

Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara Review

Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara Review

 
Big eyes is Maybelline’s first double ended mascara. It has just been launched in the UK after being out in America for the past few months.
 
I haven’t seen much about this mascara in the blogger-sphere since hitting the shops in the UK so I am unsure of the general opinion on it. However after using it for a few weeks I have definitely made up my mind about it.
 

The packaging is similar to the popular Falsies mascara in colour, I’m not too keen on the packaging as I think it looks quite cheap (even though it is a drugstore mascara).
  

The upper lash end brush is similar to the mega plush one at is it tapered so you can get into you inner corners easily.
 

As for the lower lash wand, this I have been searching for!! It is long and thin with short and works really well at separating the lower lashes.
 

If you have the same problem as me when applying mascara on the lower lashes where the mascara wand hits your lower lid and leaves mascara on your skin (I have to clean it up once I’m done), this this is worth buying just for the lower last wand. It is also really handy to get in the inner corner of your top lashes where the bigger mascara wands can struggle and things become messy.
 
Its also a hell of a lot cheaper that the Clinique bottom lash mascara which is a massive £12 for 2ml.
 
So even if you don’t like the upper lash wand then this is definitely a great cheaper alternative.
 
I, however, do like the upper lash wand (admittedly not as much as my beloved Colossal mascara) and using both together gives a great effect as it volumises as well as separates with a formula with stays black, I don think that is lengthens too much is that’s is what you’re looking for, maybe this one wouldn’t be to great for you.
 
I think that the price point is pretty brilliant too as only £8.99, you can get it HERE! It is also widely available in the USA.
 
Overall I think that this could be a contender best mascara in my eyes, well it can be joint top with the Colossal volume mascara.

What's your holy grail mascara?

Thanks for reading!

Love Hannah xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment